Thursday, May 19, 2011

Atomic casserole dish and kitschen scenes

Here is my new glass casserole dish with lid, plus matching little glass. Estate sale find. My photo does not do this justice, it gleams and radiates awesomeness.  It has gold flecks in the glass to accent the black diamond shapes. Food tastes better when it is stored in this.

Below are some scenes from my 1950s era kitchen. I have framed album covers going around the walls right below the ceiling. My photos are a tad hazy, in reality the album covers pop with color. This one is over the fridge.
 Below is, in my opinion, the GREATEST album cover of all time. All time.  Yes, all time.  I stopped dead in my tracks when I found this. I can even remember the day and the moment!  
 And Martini time leads to.....(its the same couch!)


 This one below was smaller than the frame so I added some leopard backing. There are very few things that cannot be improved with the addition of leopard print.

Below is my chrome double oven from about 1962. Enhanced with dice. The dishtowel says it all. It says "Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique." I laughed and had to buy it.  (My 1950s dining room is peeking out around the corner, waiting to be cleaned so I can do a post about it.)
A portion of my tiki mug collection resides on my stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment