Friday, June 17, 2011

Oven trouble, Geishas and More!

Well, no sooner did I shoot my mouth off to cyberspace about the glory of my chrome double oven, wouldn't you know it broke! Fixing it involved some heartache and pain, one call to the GE headquarters to order a costly heating element from 1963, 2 different repairmen coming to the house a total of three times, plus a ton of money. But now it works! WOOHOO! One of the repairmen looked at the bar I have set up in the kitchen with old cocktail shakers and stuff and said, "You must drink alot." 
Anyhow, back to the junk report: I scored 2 ceramic geisha figurines at the auction this week. Made in Japan. No makers mark. Not that I care about brands, I just like to know about things and their origins.
One so-called "funeral basket" in an exciting, life-affirming shade of aqua with a green tone.   It is gracing the porch, stuffed with faux florals.  I had been wanting one of these but they are always either falling apart or too expensive. Finally I prevailed. Hopefully it looks shaby chic and not like we are holding services inside.
 Two sewing patterns from 1942. Behold.

No comments:

Post a Comment