Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Unsuspected 1947

 
 The other nite I screened, as opposed to merely watched,  The Unsuspected, a 1947 film noir mystery starring Audrey Totter and Claude Rains. It was EXCELLENT! Lots of great camera angles, shadows, suspense, double crosses and, most importantly, murder murder murder. The plot can basically be summed up as "is Uncle Victor a killer? He's so sweet and kind, there is no way." The women in this movie wear the most amazing clothes! The whole atmosphere of the film is terrific and makes me want to jump right into the movie and live there. Without becoming one of the murder victims, of course.

Audrey Totter in a dress that only someone with zero body fat  can pull off. Please note she is at home, throwing a black tie party, Just another tedious evening for the idle rich, alas.

Meanwhile, accross town:  Desolate streets and the obligatory flophouse. 


An omen through the window of said flophouse.

Audrey Totter, in femme fatale mode with cigarette smoke and great bracelets, with a cute guy. Exuding glamour at home. As I write this I am in jeans and sneakers, sigh.
 

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen this movie. Based upon the stills, this looks like a very glamorous film noir.

    Oh how I would love to have zero percent body fat like Audrey so I could wear some of the gowns from the 1940’s.

    HRF

    ReplyDelete