Sunday, December 4, 2011

Birthday Burlesque and Black Friday Score!

For my birthday a few weeks ago the Saint and I went to see a local burlesque troupe, the Peek a Boo Revue, who were performing with Satan's Angel, a performer from the heydey of burlesque, who is also known as the Queen of the Flaming Tassels. I had a blast! I enjoyed the show and the flaming tassels must be seen to be believed. Satan's Angel doesnt take it all off, she does a dance routine and  does a trick with her fabric cape, she spins it around so it looks like she is inside of a spinning cylinder, very cool.
All this talk of burlesque reminds me that the new issue of Bachelor Pad Magazine is out, feast your eyes below:

Now, onto Black Friday. I am not a Black Friday shopper but the Saint and I were out of town to visit relatives and we decided to head to the grocery store. There was a Goodwill across the street from the grocery store and the sign said "Black Friday Sale: Everything 50 off." I started campaigning to go to the shop. We were in foreign territory and who knows what kind of splendor could lurk inside this thrift shop? And at half off! Plus, when would I ever get to shop there again? We were 250 miles from home. The Saint was driving so  I had to do a little begging and he agreed that I could do a quick pop-in. So what did I find? This AWESOME vintage overcoat for, are you ready, $8!!!!!!!! That was the half off price. And, drumroll please,  I look terrific in this coat! It fits! Its black and royal blue wool. The faux fur collar is a bit much but it snaps off. I am so excited about this score. I doesnt have any tags inside so I dont know who made it. I havent found anything vintage in a thrift shop in ages so I am psyched.

No comments:

Post a Comment