Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm flea market shoppin and I aint stoppin

This past weekend The Saint and I went to Adamstown PA, the self-proclaimed antiques capital of the world. We went to Shupp's Grove, a terrific outdoor antiques market in a tree lined grove, a very pleasant place. They play oldies music on a loudspeaker. The place also has decent bathrooms, always a plus in my book. Anyhow, alot of the vendors were having 50% off sales. I got this nice divided minty green bowl, on the bottom is says Marcrest, ovenproof.



I also got a pair of 1950s  asian figurines, which you may feast your eyes on, below. They were $2 for the pair! I must have sowed some good karma somewhere along the line because stuff like this is unsually priced much higher.
We then had lunch at Stoudt's Brewery, a brew pub with a flea market and an antique mall attached! YES!!!! There arent enough exclamation points in the world to add to that YES. This place is run by people of vision and foresight. Keep the men busy in the pub and the ladies can shop out in the back, unencumbered by typical complaints of "what do you want with that? Why are you buying that? Can we leave now?" Instead it's "Keep shopping, the game isnt over and I need to finish this beer."
So, given this excellent environment, so condusive to hunting for goodies, I came away with this vintage "Hukilau Wear" Made in Hawaii  thick cotton barkcloth shirt. I stole it at, are you ready, $6! WOWEE ZOWEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment