Tuesday, September 23, 2014

pots and pans, vintage style and a warning on where NOT to shop

I have been wanting some colorful enamel pots and pans but whenever I see them at fleas or antique shops they are always trashed, stained and chipped, really bad unusable condition, So imagine my surprise to find 2 small saucepans in a 2 week period! Hooray!! 



And while we are on the subject of antiques stores, I am gonna name some names and tell you where NOT to shop. The Antiques Village of Strasburg, which is in Lancaster PA. I have NEVER been treated so rudely in my life, This shop is owned by a shrewish woman who approached me and started literally SCREAMING at me because I had brought my purse into the shop. Yes, a purse, one of those things that hold your wallet that has the money you intend to spend.   I was busy inspecting an old phone that I was thinking about buying and I hear all this yelling and I turn around and this witch is in my face SCREAMING at me about how I cant bring a pocketbook into the shop. It took me a minute to realize what was happening, and then I said, calmly, that I was leaving and taking my purse with me and she just lost a sale and I wished her "good luck with your business." then she went BANANAS and started YELLING that her business was doing just fine, On my way out the door I said, calmly, "really? I see money walking out the door." I will never set foot in there again. Treating all the customers as if they are criminals. I was unaware that I look like a thief, considering I was dressed like a preppy nerd, I wasn't in a ski-mask carrying a crowbar. Can you imagine if you were one of the vendors who was renting a booth there? This freak is driving away all of the shoppers.
These idiot business owners have no clue on how to run a business. If they were awake they'd know that the cost of a security system is a write-off on their taxes, if they are that concerned about theft. Plus customer service and manners might help as  well. Do not shop at The Antiques Village of Strasburg, which is in Lancaster PA. oh, I have to add an addendum to this post, I was the only customer in the shop when this unfortunate event happened. How bad is that?? This whole thing was such a bummer.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds horrendous. I've had that in the touristy areas, all the shops are run by snobs!

    ReplyDelete