Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rich Young and Pretty

Well, it ought to be the title of my autobiography but i'ts not, Rich Young and Pretty is a movie from 1951, starrring Jane Powell, Vic Damone, Fernando Llamas and Danielle Darrieux. Our young heroine accompanies her diplomat father to France and falls in love, much to her father's dismay. Will parental authority triumph over young love? This movie was exactly what the doctor ordered after a hard day on the office trenches as far as I was concerned. Gorgeous dresses, gorgeous scenery, fluffy light plot and some nice music. I was flipping over the wardrobe in this movie. No one was in sweatpants and I didnt see anyone's underwear. Plus everyone had shoes on. Woody wagons too! Young lady you will not fall in love with a handsome stranger while we are in Paris, do you hear me?

No comments:

Post a Comment