Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More fabulous decor!

Here are a few more shots from the 1950s decorating book. Below is another view of the turquoise kitchen.
 Tremendous bedroom. Look closely at the hanging plant, it is held by a cherub that is suspended from the ceiling. It does not get any better! So Valley of the Dolls.
 Nice bathroom. I like the monogrammed towels.
 Politically incorrect boys bedroom, called the "Safari." Also, why publish a decorating book in black and white?
Festive patio straight out of a Doris Day movie!

 
 The table in this kitchen has built in tiles with great atomic designs. I love that stove as well.
 Notice the woodwork in this den is all pink.
 Another bedroom designed by a visionary who knew toile would go well with aqua. I agree! This bedroom reminds me of the one Joan Crawford had in the movie Straightjacket, which is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment