Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good vintage goodies from the auction

I did quite well at the estate auction this week, hooray! I got 5 vintage coats for a grand total of $2.50. Yes, you read that correctly, $2.50. I am flying high! Here are 2 of them. The first one has a fur collar, but since I am an animal rights person this will be removed, donated to the humane society, which uses fur coats as nests for baby animals, and replaced with some sort of similar faux fur. That way I will have a clear conscience while glamorous this coming winter. The buttons on this coat are gorgeous, rhinestone embellished, this must have cost a pretty penny back in the day.



The next coat is an offwhite bordering on beige wool, it has a date with the iron later today. It has 2 sets of triple buttons, very cute detail. I hope I can get the wrinkles out.
I also got an AWESOME old Osterizer beehive style blender, and it works!!!! Only $2.50!!! The dollar amount of the gods! YES!!!! I got rid of my plastic crappy modern blender and deployed this baby immediately.
I have to go to a wedding next week and I got a new vintage-looking dress, below. I will wear it with my Lucite bad-girl slip on mules, which have been gathering dust since my own Las Vegas Elvis-officiated  Blue Hawaii themed wedding. (which was awesome, by the way! My maid of honor was a half naked smoking hot hula boy).The shoes are the 1950s kind, not the stripper kind.  I will also use a vintage handbag and 1950s earrings and bracelets to add extra panache. I also got one of those faux pashmina scarves in lime green just in case its cold at the shindig.

No comments:

Post a Comment