Wednesday, August 1, 2012

FLYBOYS and editorial developments

I have had my nose to the literary grindstone, and my fingers to the keyboard. The new issue of Bachelor Pad Magazine is out and if you snag a copy you can read my thrilling masterwork on vintage radios. Who doesnt love vintage radios? I demand to know! If you say you dont you have no soul, do you hear me, no soul! Vintage radios rule my world. In other developments: Right now I am reading FLYBOYS by James Bradley, who wrote the best seller Flags of Our Fathers. Flyboys is the true story of 8 US fighter pilots who were shot down over Chichi Jima (which is next door to Iwo Jima) during WWII. The book is excellent albeit disturbing on a number of levels due to the war. Not for the fainthearted. A tale of courage!! More people ought to wake up and smell the coffee as far as WWII and military heroism is concerned. <
I also have an article on WWII movies in the July Patriotic Pride issue of Pin Up Perfection Magazine, complete with a misspelled title on the front cover. Oy. Use this link to Eyeball it here:http://www.pinupperfectionmagazine.com/ Lastly, Ive got articles coming out in the August issue of Victory Girls Magazine and in the upcoming Bachelor Pad special edition called The Nightcap. Over 18 please,the issue is a tad naughty, Im the only woman in it who isn't topless. (Which is probably a blessing for the readers). The mag just features my rapier wit. As Dorothy Parker once said, when I get up in the morning I brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue. OLE!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just started carrying Bachelor Pad. What a great mag.

    ReplyDelete