Monday, April 2, 2012

Viva! Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

The Saint and I are heading to the Viva Las Vegas rockabilly weekend, so I am quite excited and happy. I am packing clothes to wear and cannot fit into most of my nicer vintage duds due to my overeager consumption of baked goods and carbs. Hence the fear and loathing part of the experience. I will never look like a bombshell or a pin up. I just dont want to look like the Michelin man. Make that a nerdy Michelin man with Marcia Brady hair.  In addition we will NOT be going to Frankie's Tiki Room due to the crappy experience we had there last year with the world's rmost hostile and rude bartender (after an expensive cab ride over there and back). Silly me, I thought serving up tiki drinks, chatting with customers and listening to surf guitar all day would be a fun job, but evidently it turns the staff into raging Aholes. My mistake. Anyhow, I am looking forward to some r-n-r and some rock-n roll. Plus I can oogle cute rockabilly boys! And burlesque, how can I forget burlesque! Gonna see me some burlesque shows! And some hot rods! I am bringing alot of film with me to photograph the cars at the car show. I like film, I dislike digital cameras since I am a luddite who wishes it was 1957.

1 comment:

  1. Please don't judge Frankie's based on one bartender. I've been several times & had nothing but great experiences. I'm sure the owner, P. Moss, would not be happy to know you were treated poorly. That bartender's probably long gone by now. Enjoy Viva, regardless. I wish I was going, too.

    ReplyDelete